Use the SCAMPER model to write your own version of one of your favourite fairy tales.
- S – Substitute. Can you substitute a character with a character from a different story?
- C – Combine. Can you combine two characters or events into one?
- A – Add. Can you add in a new character, place or event?
- M – Magnify, Minify or Modify. What happens if you make a character or object much smaller or larger or change it in an important way? Can you alter the beginning, middle or end of the story or the way the characters act?
- P – Put to other uses. How else could an object be used? What happens if the characters play different roles or respond to events in different ways?
- E – Eliminate. What happens if you remove a character, place or event from the story?
- R – Reverse or Rearrange. How does the story change if you reverse or rearrange the order of events or the roles of the characters?
Use Strip Designer ($3.79) to publish your story.
Remember to include a title and your name and grade.
Use Drawing Pad ($2.49) to illustrate your story.